Angels Camp Memory Care
Generations Memory Care by Foothill Village
Our residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia often have difficulty recollecting the memories that are the signposts of life’s journey. We know the clinical dimensions of this condition and the emotional toll it can exact on residents and their families. So the goal of our Generations Memory Care program is to provide a reassuring link to the past, but more importantly, help plot a course for creating new memories through a meaningful, enriching daily regimen.
The program encourages residents to participate and involves a process that enhances their sense of accomplishment, promotes their physical and emotional well-being and reinforces their connection to society. The structure of the living environments comprised of a large family room, a dining area, an outdoor courtyard and resident apartments, is optimized to allow residents to maintain their dignity, increase their sense of belonging and provide opportunities for positive personal interaction.
Special needs require a special commitment to compassion for who people are, where they’ve been and what they’re going through. Foothill Village Senior Living Community is a truly compassionate environment, a fact reflected in our approach, procedures and service offerings. Specially trained and caring staff receive on-going training. We use the most appropriate, progressive techniques, including memory cues and verbal and non-verbal communications. Residents are monitored and services include: arrangement of health care appointments, transportation assistance, help with dressing, standby and full assistance for showering and personal care assistance.
Therapy For The Mind And Body
We know how beneficial physical activity can be to mental acuity, especially for our Memory Care residents. So we try to fill every day with the right balance of movement and activity, always being careful to measure that activity to individual capabilities. Personalized for individual preferences and skill levels, our individual, small and large group activities include nature walks, gardening, art, music, singing, reminiscence activities, aromatherapy, visits with community pets, weekly off-site outings and excursions and holiday celebrations. Of course, family involvement is highly encouraged.
Comforting Surroundings and Supportive Services
Attention is paid to ensure that these accommodations offer ease of living. Meals are prepared daily from fresh ingredients and served in a home-like dining room. Convenient and manageable “finger foods” are available for residents who have difficulty sitting through a meal. The dining area can easily be rearranged to double as a setting for group activities. Living quarters are private and spacious, ready to be individualized with personal furnishings and belongings. Apartments receive daily room tidying and weekly housekeeping. There is personal laundry and linen service available. And, short-term respite stays can be arranged.
- Highly trained and compassionate staff – peace of mind day & night
- Person-centered care – individualized way of life
- Focus on what the resident “Can Do” – promotes independence
- Physical, spiritual and social wellness – whole person well-being
- Individualized and large group event situations – socialization choices
- Landscaped outdoor space – fresh air to clear the mind
- Well-structured outdoor exploration and purposeful outings – life beyond community living
- Choice of daily life activities – catering to personal preferences to enjoy each day
- Family participation and partnership – continued bonding with loved one and team members
- Private bathrooms with accessible showers – easy to get in and out
- Restaurant-style dining – balanced & consistent quality meals
- Refreshments and snacks available – maintaining hydration & regular eating habits
- Full-time concierge – attention at all times
- Local transportation – frees up families schedules
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry – hassle free lifestyle
- Daily tidy service – hassle-free lifestyle
- Emergency response and pendant system (24-hours a day) – peace of mind knowing someone is close by
- Life Journey Assessment – life achievements matter
- Community support group – continued support for you
- Effective approach to redirecting and way-finding assistance – eases frustrations
Is Memory Care the right choice for your loved one? Sometimes the decision to move in to a Memory Care community is made amidst many challenges. But according to the results of a recent survey, Memory Care can foster a high quality of life for people living with dementia, easing the transition for both residents and family members. Check out the results of this survey, which focus on the real-life experiences of family members who have loved ones in Memory Care. Then learn more by visiting our community.